commons-user mailing list archives

From David Duff <david.d...@planetzorbo.co.uk>
Subject [Validator] IllegalStateException: getReader() and getInputStream() called
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:06:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a multipart form, which I would like to validate using
validator.  My problem is that the application will fall over with the
above exception when I try to return the application back to the page if
a form validation error has occurred.

The error occurs when the controller is trying to forward to the view
"failed", which returns the application back to the previous
controller.  It should then allow the user to view the page with the
error messages on it.

I have read various posts on the net about setting character encoding to
fix the problem also about patching application servers and a bug in
commons-file upload but nothing definitive or concrete.

Can anyone help me?

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

David