commons-user mailing list archives

From David Duff <david.d...@planetzorbo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Commons Validator problem
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:49:47 GMT
Hi,

That doesn't work for me.  It keeps printing out the message I defined
in validation-rules.xml minus the second arg because it is not defined
anymore.

<validator
       name="minlength"
classname="com.company.product.controller.validator.CustomValidator"
       method="validateMinLength"
       methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                     org.apache.commons.validator.Field"
       *msg="errors.min"*/>

Is there any way to override this message with the one in validator.xml?

<msg name="minlength" key="My Message" resource="false" />

Thanks in advance,
DAvid