commons-user mailing list archives

From David Duff <david.d...@planetzorbo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Commons Validator problem
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:09:21 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

The msg I want to print out has two arguments:

errors.min=The {0} must have at least {1} characters.

This would leave:

The user name must have at least {1} characters.

I can get round the problem I'm having by specifying a value in the
resource like

<field property="username" depends="required,minlength">
              <arg key="user.username" position="0"/>
              <arg key="user.min" position="1"/>

<var><var-name>minlength</var-name><var-value>6</var-value></var>

   </field>

properties file:
user.min= 6

I would like to do it like it was specified in the user guides instead
of intoducing a workaround and having to input the value twice.  Once in
the resource and another in the validator.xml.

Thanks in advance.
David