commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>
Subject Re: AW: [FileUpload] FileUpload doesn't work with IE but with Firefox
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:29:09 GMT

Perhaps I am failing to understand something here.  Am I correct in my
understanding that you are saying the HttpRequest is not reaching your
application at all?  If so why would you conclude this is a problem with
commons.FileUpload and not a problem with either the XHTML form set up
or the Tomcat configuration?  This is important you need to verify if
the HttpRequest is not getting to your app, or if it is but the app is
throwing an uncaught exception and then not responding.

If I follow this you have two pages that upload files back to back.  The
first one works and the second one does not respond.  Can you verify the
first file upload completes successfully?  You might put an exception
Try with a generic Exception catch around the code that does the file
upload to see if you are missing an exception.  How large are the files?

Example :
public void someMethodCall() {
     try {
     }
     catch(Exception e) {System.out.println(new Date()+"blah blah blah");}

If I follow all of that correctly it sounds like either an error is
happening before you try to upload the file and is causing Tomcat to
stop responding, or there may be a problem with the XHTML form set up.

We wont be able to anything more specific than that with out a more
specific post.  i.e. System set up details, the exact set in the process
that is failing, extract error messages, and the code in the section of
the process that is failing.