commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Murphy <mmur...@arroco.com>
Subject [vfs] Referencing .zip files
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:32:39 GMT
I'm attempting to use the zip file system with VFS 1.0 RC3, and I can't
seem to get the URL definition right.

For a zip file that exists on the local file system, I have tried all of
the following:

zip:/shared/projects/foo/test.zip
zip:///shared/projects/foo/test.zip
zip:file:///shared/projects/foo/test.zip
zip://file:///shared/projects/foo/test.zip

For all of these, FileSystemManager::resolveFile(String strUrl) raises
the following exception:

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not find file with URI
"" because it is a relative path, and no base URI was provided

I know that VFS can get to the zip file itself, because this URL works:

/shared/projects/foo/test.zip

but, of course, only references it as a simple file, not as an archive.
I wanted to use VFS to get at the innards of the zip file.

Any tips? Outside of this, VFS has been working very nicely for me, and
I'm most appreciative of this component.

Thanks!

Mark Murphy
mmurphy@arroco.com