commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] FallbackFileObject
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:34:51 GMT
Hi!
> in fact, the default FSM and the fallback FSM are not really the same :
> the former is used when a file is expressed relatively (which denotes
> that we are in a hierarchical URI), whereas the latter for absolute
> URIs for which the scheme is not registered to VFS (that can be opaque
> URIs, such as "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office", or
> "mailto:john.doe@acme.com")
Thats not true. The defaultProvider is used if the filename do have a
scheme (thus is absolute) which is not known by VFS.

Extract from code:
        if (scheme != null)
        {
// An unknown scheme - hand it to the default provider
            if (defaultProvider == null)

(With the funny consequence that if you do not have commons-net in your
classpath ftp works (using default urlConnection) but with very limited
capabilities.)

So IMHO its clean to solve your need that way.

---
Mario