commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Commons Configuration Ant Task(s)
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:15:25 GMT
Hello,

Moran Ben-David wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Recently I produced an ant extension to Commons Configuration:
>
>http://www.place-base.com/commons-configuration-ant.html
>
>this allows me to load from a Commmons Configuration properties file (i.e.
>one that allows "include" and loaded via the PropertiesConfiguration class).

I had a short glance. Looks interesting.

>However, it is an extremely rudimentary implementation, so my questions are:
>
>1. Is there a package that provides Ant tasks that call Commons
>Configuration features that any of you know of?

In our code base we have nothing like that. And I am not aware of other
implementations.

>2. Would the proper namespace for such a package be
>org.apache.commons.configuration.ant?

I think this depends: If the package was part of commons-configuration,
this name would be appropriate. If it was part of a different code base,
this code base's conventions should be used.

>3. Is there such a package in the works for Commons Configuration?

No, we don't have plans for such a package yet.

>4. Is this the right list to discuss such bridges between commons-conf and
>ant?

For the configuration side yes (this list or the commons-dev list if
discussion drifts to technical details). But thinking about it, what you
suggest seems to be an enhancement for ant rather than one for
commons-configuration, right? So maybe you should check out the ant
mailing lists.

>Thanks,
>Moran Ben-David

Oliver