commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Stuckey <adam.stuc...@marconi.com.au>
Subject RE: [Net-Telnet] Line feed problems with login
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:52:07 GMT
Thanks Rzso,

I thought I was going crazy with what was happening!
Your advice pointed me in the right direction and I have now got things
working.

Cheers,
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: SOMOGYI Erzsebet [mailto:rzso@impulzus.sch.bme.hu]
Sent: Monday, 1 August 2005 11:19 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Net-Telnet] Line feed problems with login

Hi!

Adam Stuckey wrote:
> Is there a way to either prevent this additional "\n" being appended?
> I am using the out.write( byte ) method rather than out.writeln(
> byte[] ) so I don't know where the additional "\n" is coming from.

I also had some \r\n problems. TelnetClient always sends \r\n as end of line
and doesn't care if you tries to send only \r or \n.

Conversion is done in org.apache.commons.net.TelnetOutputStream in write(int
ch) _and_ in org.apache.commons.io.ToNetASCIIOutputStream in write(int ch).
Output stream of TelnetClient is a ToNetASCIIOutputStream which is
initialized with a TelnetOutputStream (see _connectAction_() of
TelnetClient).

You could try  set __convertCRtoCRLF in TelnetOutputStream to false or
modify write method, and modify write method of ToNetASCIIOutputStream.

Finally I solved my problem on server side instead of modifing the source
codes, so I'm not sure about this solution.

Regards,
  Rzso

Disclaimer

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, then please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail. You may not disclose or use the information in
this e-mail or attached documents in any attachments, use the contents for
any purposes, or disclose the contents to any other person: to do so could
be a breach of confidence. The views or opinions expressed in this email are
the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Marconi.
Marconi does not guarantee the integrity of any e-mails or attached files
and we suggest you scan all incoming e-mails for viruses.