commons-user mailing list archives

From yaron kanza <yaron.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] How to use JXPath for Parsing (not Evaluating) XPath?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:00:04 GMT
Dmitri,

In the JXPathCompiledExpression API, I could only find methods for
evaluating an expression. But I don't need to evaluate the expression.
I need to parse it.

When you use Xerces to parse XML, for example, you can create a
DocumentBuilder, use it to parse a document and then you receive a
Document object which is the root of the DOM tree:

DocumentBuilder builder = factory.newDocumentBuilder();
Document doc = builder.parse("myDocument.xml");

What is the equivalent to this in JXPath?

Thank you,

Yaron

Thank you