commons-user mailing list archives

From yaron kanza <yaron.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] How to use JXPath for Parsing (not Evaluating) XPath?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:16:03 GMT
Hello Dmitri,

Thank you for the quick response.

I was looking at the API of JXPathContext and I found the method
static CompiledExpression compile(java.lang.String xpath).
However, I couldn't find methods to traverse the parsed tree in the
CompileExpression class. So, I don't see how the compile method helps
me.

For example, suppose that I compile an expression //a/b[c=2]/d. Then,
how do I get the tree that represents the expression---a tree whose
root represents a descendant-or-self axis, the child of the root
represents the node-name "a", etc?

It will help me a lot if you will explain to me how to get the tree
that represents the expression (or the root of it).

Thank you very much,

Yaron