commons-user mailing list archives

From sol myr <solmyr_...@yahoo.com>
Subject HttpClient : using SSL connection pool (or session pool)
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:45:48 GMT

Hi,

I intend to use the commons "HttpClient" for SSL communication .
For performace, I'd like to have a socket pool (in more detail : the server to
which I'm connecting is customized, its code is under my control.  Now when
my client starts up it should open a pool of, say,  100 sockets, do SSL
verification & key negotiation, and from now on all those connections
will be "kept alive", and used as necessary ).

Does HttpClient support this, and if so - could anyone please point me
to a code example on the web, or at least mention the name of the
classes involved ?

Thanks very much