commons-user mailing list archives

From Kirill Grouchnikov <kirillc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Time and memory performance
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:14:21 GMT
Robert,

You are more then welcome to provide the correct use of
Betwixt for optimal time and memory footprint. There are
couple of things that you should be aware of:

1. The default options should be the best ones. If i need
to tweak the settings, most of the chances are that i'll
miss it (as i did).
2. If it takes a first-time user that looks at the examples
more than 4-5 hours to make the library even work, chances
are that this user will no longer be a user.
3. BeanReader is not reusable, producing empty results
after the first unmarshaling.
4. It says in the documentation that XMLBeanInfoRegistry is
the default choice, so how do i share them and why it's not
on the first page of the documentation?

The team is (once again) more than welcome to see the
source code and to send me the corrections, which will be
incorporated, assessed and published.

The personal biases are outlined for all to see in the
project FAQ, and everyone can draw his / her own
conclusions on the weapon of choice.

Kirill

--- robert burrell donkin

https://bindmark.dev.java.net/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=2537