commons-user mailing list archives

From Sravan Duggaraju <saaan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons - [email] Help
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:30:14 GMT
Allan, to put my question in simple way, I want my email application
should work just like others(yahoo,hotmail...).for example in yahoo or
hotmail if you try to send a mail to a wrong email address it doesn't
inform you immediately...later you'll see "delivery failed" message in
your inbox.Infact this is happening for me but only in case if i send
the mail to different domain

thanks
San

On 8/29/05, Flatoff Allan <Allan.Flatoff@sentry.com> wrote:
> Hmm. . .
>
> Couldn't you just catch the SendFailedException and generate your own
> "mail delivery failure" message
> To the sender?  Sounds like this is how you want it to behave.
>
> --Allan

or use the information contained in it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
tell us immediately by return e-mail to Email.Control@sentry.com and delete the document.

You may report employee violations by forwarding the message to Email.Control@sentry.com.

> No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any civil or criminal
statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any unauthorized uses of this e-mail or its contents.

> This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer. No contract
may be entered into by a Sentry employee without express approval from an authorized Sentry
manager.

> Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts no liability
or responsibility for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.