commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Time and memory performance
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:38:23 GMT
On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 07:12 -0700, Kirill Grouchnikov wrote:
> > IMO your project would be far more effective if it didn't
> > suffer so much
> > from being obviously just one man's opinions. setting
> > yourself up as a
> > expert without taking great care to ensure that you
> > understand the
> > subject and that your criticisms are accurate is to
> > invite attacks on
> > your personal integrity.
> Another thing - the last answer in the FAQ [1] would be the
> best answer to the poorly-disguised personal attack above.

it wasn't intended to be a personal attack. as i said off-list, i decide
to give you the benefit of the doubt though others may not. if you
really want to achieve the gaols you state, then i'd recommend that you
adopt a more positive attitude.

> Suffices to say that developers of a number of other
> libraries have taken a different approach - seeing the
> assessment as a chance of learning from their potential
> users instead of looking down on them from high above.

you've picked up a few things missing from the documentation. thanks for

i had hoped that in return i might help to open your mind a little to
other approaches to data binding. there is a real lack of knowledge out
there about which general approaches are most appropriate to which
problems. i had hoped that you might be able to step up and but that
will mean casting aside the advocacy but maybe i've just been wasting my

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message