commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpclient running in a loop
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:46:59 GMT
Zhaohua,
(1) Please state the exact version of HttpClient you are using
(2) If you are using the latest release (3.0RC3) post the complete
context/wire log of the HTTP session and the source code of
PostXML.MyCredentialsProvider class

Oleg

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 14:10 -0400, Zhaohua Meng wrote:
> Gurus,
> My following code ends up in the httpclient sending request/getting
> response again and again, when Basic Authentication failed. How do I make
> it stop after "Authorization: Basic dGVzdGltYW46aW1hbjg=" header is sent
> to server and and the server responds with 401 (the second trip)?
> Thanks,
> Zhaohua
>
>     public static void postWithSupportedAuth() throws IOException,
> HttpException, IllegalAccessException, InstantiationException,
> ClassNotFoundException, ParserConfigurationException {
>         String secProviderName = "com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE";
>         java.security.Provider secProvider =
> (java.security.Provider)Class.forName(secProviderName).newInstance();
>         Security.addProvider(secProvider);
>         String strURL =
> "http://driman8.cgsh.com/worksite/services/factory.asmx";
>         String strXMLFilename = "C:/project/junk/Test/Java
> Source/request.xml";
>                 String requestDoc =
> ImanageCreateWorkspaceSOAP.getTestDoc();
>         // Prepare HTTP post
>         PostMethod post = new PostMethod(strURL);
>                 post.setRequestEntity(new StringRequestEntity(requestDoc,
> "text/xml; charset=UTF-8","UTF-8"));
>         post.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "text/xml; charset=UTF-8");
>         post.setRequestHeader("SOAPAction",
>                         "\"http://worksite.imanage.com/CreateWorkspace\""
> );
>         HttpClient httpclient = new HttpClient();
>                 post.getParams().setVersion(HttpVersion.HTTP_1_1);
>  httpclient.getParams().setParameter(CredentialsProvider.PROVIDER,
>                 new PostXML.MyCredentialsProvider());
>                 post.setDoAuthentication(true);
>         try {
>             int result = httpclient.executeMethod(post);
>             System.out.println("Response status code: " + result);
>             System.out.println("Response body: ");
>         } finally {
>             // Release current connection to the connection pool once you
> are done
>             post.releaseConnection();
>         }
>      }
> This message is being sent from a law firm and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.