commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri Plotnikov" <dmi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JXPath] How to use JXPath for Parsing (not Evaluating) XPath?
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:39:55 GMT
Yaron,

CompiledExpression is merely an interface.  If you cast it to the concrete
class JXPathCompiledExpression, you will be able to traverse the tree.

If you are using Eclipse, you can always select an interface, press
Control-T, and see all classes implementing that interface.  Same, if you
use Control-T on a class, you will see all subclasses.

- Dmitri

----- Original Message -----
From: "yaron kanza" <yaron.kanza@gmail.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>;
<dmitri@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [JXPath] How to use JXPath for Parsing (not Evaluating) XPath?

Hello Dmitri,

Thank you for the quick response.

I was looking at the API of JXPathContext and I found the method
static CompiledExpression compile(java.lang.String xpath).
However, I couldn't find methods to traverse the parsed tree in the
CompileExpression class. So, I don't see how the compile method helps
me.

For example, suppose that I compile an expression //a/b[c=2]/d. Then,
how do I get the tree that represents the expression---a tree whose
root represents a descendant-or-self axis, the child of the root
represents the node-name "a", etc?

It will help me a lot if you will explain to me how to get the tree
that represents the expression (or the root of it).

Thank you very much,

Yaron