commons-user mailing list archives

From Young Lee <you...@gmail.com>
Subject [jelly] help with include tag
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:14:29 GMT
Hi,

My apologies for the wide distribution, but I searched the mail
archives to see if the
following issue have been covered.

I am trying to set the export attribute on the include tag to true as follows

<jelly xmlns="jelly:core>
 <include uri="..." export="true" />
</jelly>

I set a break point on the only setExport method in the IncludeTag code to see
if this setter is getting invoked.

  public void setExport(String export) {
      if ("true".equals(export)) {
          this.shouldExport = true;
      } else {
          this.shouldExport = false;
      }
  }

It turns out that this method is not getting invoked.  Should there be another
method be added here for the bean introspection to properly invoked the right
setter: namely

  public void setExport(boolean export) { ...

I traced the problem to the following line 876 in the
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.java where the
"descriptor.getWriteMethod()" returned is null

              if (descriptor.getWriteMethod() == null) {
                  if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                      log.debug("Skipping read-only property");
                  }
                  return; // Read-only, skip this property setter
              }

I am using the following version of sources from the SVN repository

commons-beautils:  BEANUTIL_1_6 tag
commons-jelly:        HEAD

please let me know if there is a workaround.

Thanx in advance.

- Young