commons-user mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Unmaintained? was Re: [Commons] Unmaintained projects
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:45:41 GMT
Fair enough.

Once I get some spare personal time, I'll jump in and see if I can help.

On 7/22/05, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
> [AARGH -- I hate top-posting!]
>
> Shawn (correctly) assumes BeanUtils is unmaintained because I said so. A
> couple of months ago I saw that the bugzilla count on beanutils was over
> 80, and so I put out a request for people to help me get this addressed.
> I got two offers of assistance: not a lot, but enough so I got stuck in.
> However the two volunteers quickly vanished. I certainly didn't want to
> be working on beanutils on my own so I have now stopped too.
>
> There are currently 82 bugzilla entries for beanutils, and no-one other
> than myself has committed a patch for many months now.
>
> That definitely qualifies as unmaintained.
>
> Shawn: I did reply to your question:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112178827000001&r=1&w=2
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon
>
> --
> A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
> Q. Why is top posting bad?
>
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 10:28 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > Why do you assume that BeanUtils is unmaintained?
> >
> > On 7/22/05, Bernard, Shawn <Shawn.Bernard@turner.com> wrote:
> > > I never got an answer to my below question, and I just saw the question about
one of the Sandbox projects.  Is there a list of unmaintained/abandoned Commons projects?
 Is there anything that this community can do about them?

> > > -Shawn

a maintainer?  Or is it being left to stagnate for a reason (i.e. Java 5).

> > > -Shawn

Bernard Shaw