commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bond - James D." <james...@telesoft.com>
Subject XMLConfiguration and DTD files in Commons-Configuration
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:24:59 GMT

Been using XMLConfiguration now for a bit .... it works great.  BUT when I
try to use it with an xml file that references a relative dtd (like
'my.dtd') It yells:

org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Relative URI
"my.dtd"; can not be resolved without a base URI.

So I have 2 questions:

1) I have been able to just use the relative DTD for every other XML
parser I've used ... why does only this one require a full path to the
DTD? (which is not possible for me since I can deploy this app anywhere).

2) If it 'just plain requires the full path', then fine, let me turn of
DTD validation.  How the heck do I do that with the Commons Configuration
package?  I've used the Digester classes before and with them I just have
to do something like:  digester.setValidating( false );  How do I turn off
DTD validation???

Thanks.

--
James Dalrymple