commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Leangen" <dlean...@canada.com>
Subject [Net] SocketException - Connection reset
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:44:50 GMT

Hello!

I keep coming across this problem when using FTP. I am able to successfully
retrieve a file from a remote server in passive mode, but afterwards, when I
try to logout, I get an IOError caused by a SocketException: Connection
reset.

There are several ways to work around this "problem", but I am wondering if
anybody can tell me WHY this happens? Why would a remote server reset the
connection after the completion of a get? (Or IS it the remote server that's
causing the reset?) Also, why does this happen only sometimes, and not
consistently?

Any explanation or even a link to relevant doc would be very much
appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave