commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Leangen" <>
Subject [Net] SocketException - Connection reset
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:44:50 GMT

I keep coming across this problem when using FTP. I am able to successfully
retrieve a file from a remote server in passive mode, but afterwards, when I
try to logout, I get an IOError caused by a SocketException: Connection

There are several ways to work around this "problem", but I am wondering if
anybody can tell me WHY this happens? Why would a remote server reset the
connection after the completion of a get? (Or IS it the remote server that's
causing the reset?) Also, why does this happen only sometimes, and not

Any explanation or even a link to relevant doc would be very much

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message