commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bernard, Shawn" <Shawn.Bern...@turner.com>
Subject RE: [beanutils] Unmaintained? was Re: [Commons] Unmaintainedprojects
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 02:21:48 GMT
Sorry, Simon, I must have missed your reply.

I've never participated in Commons (or any other Jakarta project, for that matter).  If I
was interested in helping out on BeanUtils, what steps would I take to do so?

Thanks,

Shawn

________________________________

From: Simon Kitching [mailto:skitching@apache.org]
Sent: Thu 7/21/2005 8:41 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [beanutils] Unmaintained? was Re: [Commons] Unmaintainedprojects

[AARGH -- I hate top-posting!]

Shawn (correctly) assumes BeanUtils is unmaintained because I said so. A
couple of months ago I saw that the bugzilla count on beanutils was over
80, and so I put out a request for people to help me get this addressed.
I got two offers of assistance: not a lot, but enough so I got stuck in.
However the two volunteers quickly vanished. I certainly didn't want to
be working on beanutils on my own so I have now stopped too.

There are currently 82 bugzilla entries for beanutils, and no-one other
than myself has committed a patch for many months now.

That definitely qualifies as unmaintained.

Shawn: I did reply to your question:

Regards,

Simon

Q. Why is top posting bad?

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 10:28 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> Why do you assume that BeanUtils is unmaintained?
>
> On 7/22/05, Bernard, Shawn <Shawn.Bernard@turner.com> wrote:
> > I never got an answer to my below question, and I just saw the question about one
of the Sandbox projects.  Is there a list of unmaintained/abandoned Commons projects?  Is
there anything that this community can do about them?

> > -Shawn

 Or is it being left to stagnate for a reason (i.e. Java 5).