commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bernard, Shawn" <Shawn.Bern...@turner.com>
Subject RE: Expressions, Collections, Filtering oh my..
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:26:08 GMT
JXPath allows you to write XPath expressions and run them against a Collection.

-Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Poppe, Troy [mailto:Troy.Poppe@eia.doe.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:02 PM
To: 'commons-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Expressions, Collections, Filtering oh my..

I've got a collection of a JavaBeans, it could be a plain-old-Java collection or
a Commons-Collection... Not really a concern...

I'm trying to find a way to provide the ability to write a JEXL-like expression
that would be applied against the collection of JavaBeans, and be able to
retrieve all of the JavaBeans that match that JEXL-like expression.

So far, looking at JEXL, it looks like it requires a JexlContext, but I don't see
or know how I would adapt my JavaBean properties to this.

Is there an out-of-the-binary way of filtering through my JavaBeans, and giving
me access to those that match some expression?

Thanks.

Troy