commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] StackOverflow when using a custom reloading strategy
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:15:57 GMT
Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a custom reloading strategy (based on JMX management
> command).
> My reloadingRequired() implementation uses an internal boolean to ask
> for reload. On reloadingPerformed(), I set this boolean to false.

This boolean is a property of the configuration I guess, I suggest
implementing this flag as a field of your reloading strategy instead.

> It would also be great not to lock access to properties during file
> reload. I've made a simple configuration tool that was using a temporary
> Map during loading and replaced the internal one when reload succeded.
> In current implementation, I think if an IOException occurs, the
> properties have allready been cleared, and the configuration is broken.

This issue isn't really caused by the locking, the reload()
implementation is just unable to recover if it fails. This is on our
todo list, but contributions are welcome.

Emmanuel Bourg