commons-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: [httpclient] How to force use of Authentication header ?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:02:14 GMT

I'm using Basic authentication.

The problem is I'm using Axis "CommonsHttpSender" and not directly
commons-http.

The only way I've found to make it work is to extends CommonsHttpSender
and override "getHostConfiguration" protected method to put a hack :

    protected HostConfiguration getHostConfiguration(HttpClient client,
MessageContext context, URL targetURL)
    {
        client.getParams().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);
        return super.getHostConfiguration(client, context, targetURL);
    }

I was looking for a way to setup 'global' parameters to set this as
defualt. I've tested setting HttpClientParams.PREEMPTIVE_AUTHENTICATION
as a param in HttpConnectionManager, but this has no effect.

Nico.