commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <>
Subject Re: Fileupload problem via SSL.
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:00:31 GMT

Hmmmm.  Is it possible that in the case of large files the time it is
taking to upload and decrypt them is taking longer that Apache is
configuured to wait?  Causing Apache ot time out?  Another though I know
we have problems with file uploads if the file name includes Unicode

If it is intermittent I would add a System.out.println("") line to each
step of the process that uses commons.fileUpload.

That way you can track the steps of the process.  That way you can go
back though and see which ones do not complete the process and at which
step they are failing.

You will want to add the date and session ID to it so you can track keep
them together.

System.out.println(new java.util.Date()+" - "+session.getId()+"
HttpRequest passed mime type if test.");

System.out.println(new java.util.Date()+" - "+session.getId()+" found a
file form.");

System.out.println(new java.util.Date()+" - "+session.getId()+" saving
file as....");