commons-user mailing list archives

From Tamas Szabo <szab...@gmail.com>
Subject org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.describe(Object )
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:54:26 GMT
Hi,

I had some code which gets the properties of a bean and puts them in a Map.
Now I switched to Commons Beanutils, and I'm using
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.describe(Object )
to do the same, but I learned that the Object.getClass() is considered a
getter, so I get a class property in the Map.
In my own code I explicitly checked that the properties are not comming
from java.lang.Object.

When I write a Bean I declare all the properties explicitly for it, but
because every object extends java.lang.Object
 ==> I will have a class property in all of my beans.

Is this the normal behaviour?
Should Object.getClass() be considered a getter and class a property of
every JavaBean?

Thanks,
Tamas