commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Diggory <mdigg...@gmail.com>
Subject [JXPath] Output escaping w3c DOM content
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:57:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently using JXPath to manipulate DOM contents and am
encountering an output escaping issue. If for instance I do the following:

JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext((Document)doc);
Iterator iter = context.iteratePointers("foo[o]/bar[0]/text()");
while(iter.hasNext()){
    Pointer p = ((Pointer)iter.next());
    p.setValue("My test &amp;.");

The escaped ampersand and everything after it never gets into my dom.
However, if I do the following, they do and are escaped, is there any
advice on how I can add already escaped content to my dom?

    p.setValue("My test &.");

-Mark