commons-user mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject [id] Commons-id out of sandbox?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:42:21 GMT

I'm working on a few content repository implementations (including the
incubating Apache Jackrabbit) based on the recent JSR-170 API. The API
relies heavily on UUIDs and I'd like to use the commons-id library to
generate the identifiers. However, I'm a bit worried about making
commons-id a proper dependency before it leaves the Commons Sandbox and
makes an official release.

Looking at the commons list archives I found references to plans for
getting commons-id out of the sandbox (for example [1]). What's the
current status on this? Is there anything I could do help? I'm not a
UUID guru, but I can read specs, write code, and submit patches. :-)

PS. One obvious improvement would be to change UUID references from the
already expired uuid-urn drafts to the recently released RFC 4122.

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message