commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject [fileupload] need tips on usage
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:16:08 GMT

    Hi,

    It looks like all the portlet related stuff is in the nightly
builds-- the last release is from over 2 years ago!! When do you think
we will see an actuall 1.1 release?
    Also, the classes I had been using before appear deprecated, it
would help tremendously if the Usage Guide could be updated to reflect
the new code including the FileItemFactory--
    In a nutshell, what do I need to do to convert this code:

if (FileUpload.isMultipartContent(req)) {
            //log.debug("Multipart!");
            DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
            // Set upload parameters
            upload.setSizeMax(FileInputBean.MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE);
            String tmpDir = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");
            upload.setRepositoryPath(tmpDir);
            try {
                fileItems = upload.parseRequest(req);
            } catch (Exception e) {
                log.error("Error Parsing multi Part form.Error in
workaround!!!", e);
            }
}

    Thanks, Jason