commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Goodwin <mgood...@metalexis.com>
Subject Re: [digester] Digester pinning objects in memory
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:13:17 GMT
Thanks for the reply.  Since I have the option of moving to 1.7 I think
I will.  I'll keep searching for the answer, but it's not immediately
clear to me how I am holding a reference to Digester since I am
declaring it locally in a method (so it should go out of scope).  Also,
I'm a little concerned because the code I wrote is pretty basic and it
basically follows all the tutorials out on the web.  I'm creating and
using the digester in the loop and so I'm curious if I'm seeing stuff
that others aren't because I'm reading multiple files and creating
objects from them while others are just reading one config file and the
memory problem isn't manifesting itself.  Following occam's razor though
your explanation is probably what is really going on.

Thanks,

Matt