commons-user mailing list archives

From "Gebhardt, Jörn" <>
Subject AW: JXPath - Iterating over all elements that 'lie on the way'
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:35:22 GMT
>> Is there a way to access all objects that have been visited while
>> resolving the XPath expression? Or can I write my own extension to the
>> reference implementation that helps me, collecting all these objects?
> I think you are after the "ancestor" axis
> HTH

Hi Torsten,

this helps only to some extend...
First of all, I don't know how I can get the AncestorContext of an element and secondly do
I believe that rolling back the ancestors für all results isn't very efficient, as I will
walk through the same root objects for every item in the result collection.
>From what I have seen in the code isn't it very straight forward to "patch" the reference
implementation only at a specific point to protocol all the objects that have been visited.
But I must admit that the code is somewhat complex and not easy to understand by just skimming
over at the source code...

Do you see any easy option to plug in a call back whenever a new object is retrieved that
lies on one of the target paths?

Thanks in advance,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: