commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Messenger] Abandonware?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:33:27 GMT
Sorry it took a little while to notice this email.

James wrote both the Jakarta Commons sandbox and then Codehaus
versions of Messenger. The Codehaus one is the more recently active,
but I'm unsure how much it differs from the one in Commons.

As he was the only developer on Messenger, the one in Commons is
effectively deprecated in favour of the Codehaus project. We need to
come up with a dormancy process for the sandbox to make this more
clear.

Hen

On 7/22/05, Jose Antonio Perez Testa <japtesta@indra.es> wrote:
> Hi Bub,
> We use Messenger in several production systems for 3 years ago.
> At the beginning we used OpenJMS as provider and now SonicMQ.
> The systems delivers a high traffic level and we have experienced some
> problems with the Sonic provider only.
> The main problem is about connections unreleased and a high number of
> Session per connection causing the server to degrade and crash.
> We are now in a process of determining the failure point, but I bet it
> is Sonic MQ server problem.
>
> Anyway I recommend you using it!
>
> Regards,
> Testa
>
> bub_bubbly@mac.com wrote:
> > Hi, Has Messenger been abandoned? I can't seem to get the source - couldn't get
at CVS. I realize that it is only a sandbox project. Also, CodeHaus also has a project named
Messenger also contributed to by James Strachan. Seems like a useful project. Is anyone using
it? Can anyone recommend it?