commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William Evans" <william.ev...@ronin-capital.com>
Subject RE: JVM Crash calling Configuration on 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_04-b05) for solaris-amd64
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:37:16 GMT
Yes, I attach log and stack trace. 
Regards
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: David J. M. Karlsen [mailto:david@davidkarlsen.com] 
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 11:51 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: JVM Crash calling Configuration on 64-Bit Server VM
(1.5.0_04-b05) for solaris-amd64

William Evans wrote:

any hs_err.pid files left over?
no stacktraces termination?

>The application only crashes under this VM when in 64-bit mode (-d64
>flag). This VM is only intended for Solaris x86, so this is the only
>platform.
>The crash is a JVM crash, not an exception and it happens about 50% of
>the time.
>
>As far as I know Configuration does not use Xerces. I do not use the
>XML-style configuration but that does not mean that xml-related classes
>are not loaded, though I am 90% confident xerces isn't in my classpath.

>
>Thanks for your interest.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: David J. M. Karlsen [mailto:david@davidkarlsen.com] 
>Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 4:47 AM
>To: Jakarta Commons Users List
>Subject: Re: JVM Crash calling Configuration on 64-Bit Server VM
>(1.5.0_04-b05) for solaris-amd64
>
>William Evans wrote:
>  
>
>>I have an application that uses Commons Configuration.
>>
>>It runs on an AMD64 SunFire (dual processor) box under Solaris 10.
>>    
>>
>
>Crashes only under this JVM? Or other plattforms as well?
>
>Does commons configuration use xerces? We had some issues with JVM 
>abortion when moving from win to solaris. As far as I can remember the 
>problem occured because we compiled against a newer xerces version than

>we had on the solaris machine. But the JVM crashed insted of throwing
an
>
>exception.
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>  
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org



Mime
View raw message