commons-user mailing list archives

From "William Evans" <william.ev...@ronin-capital.com>
Subject RE: JVM Crash calling Configuration on 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_04-b05) for solaris-amd64
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:00:52 GMT

The application only crashes under this VM when in 64-bit mode (-d64
flag). This VM is only intended for Solaris x86, so this is the only
platform.
The crash is a JVM crash, not an exception and it happens about 50% of
the time.

As far as I know Configuration does not use Xerces. I do not use the
XML-style configuration but that does not mean that xml-related classes
are not loaded, though I am 90% confident xerces isn't in my classpath.

Thanks for your interest.

-----Original Message-----
From: David J. M. Karlsen [mailto:david@davidkarlsen.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 4:47 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: JVM Crash calling Configuration on 64-Bit Server VM
(1.5.0_04-b05) for solaris-amd64

William Evans wrote:
> I have an application that uses Commons Configuration.
>
> It runs on an AMD64 SunFire (dual processor) box under Solaris 10.

Crashes only under this JVM? Or other plattforms as well?

Does commons configuration use xerces? We had some issues with JVM
abortion when moving from win to solaris. As far as I can remember the
problem occured because we compiled against a newer xerces version than
we had on the solaris machine. But the JVM crashed insted of throwing an

exception.