commons-user mailing list archives

From "William Evans" <william.ev...@ronin-capital.com>
Subject JVM Crash calling Configuration on 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_04-b05) for solaris-amd64
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:14:01 GMT
I have an application that uses Commons Configuration.

It runs on an AMD64 SunFire (dual processor) box under Solaris 10.

When I run with the JVM in 32 bit it runs fine but as soon as I try it
in 64 bit mode it takes a JVM crash.

I isolated the problem to calls into the Configuration package and wrote
a test class that does only the following:

            try {

                Configuration config = new
PropertiesConfiguration(args[0]);

                System.out.println("Properties:");

                for (Iterator iter = config.getKeys(); iter.hasNext();)
{

                    String key = (String) iter.next();

                    System.out.println("\n" + key + " = " +
config.getString(key));

                }

            }

            catch (Exception e) {

                System.out.println("Error reading file " + args[0] +
"\n" + e.toString());

            }

Almost every time I run it crashes the JVM but only when running in 64
bit mode.

Has anyone else seen this?

Bill