commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Herrick" <>
Subject Re: [net] "truncated server reply" on FTPClient.storeFile
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:23:52 GMT
Larry Streepy said:
>FTPClient ftp = getFtpConnection();
>// Open a stream to read the file
>File localFile = new File(localDir, fileName);
>InputStream localStream = new FileInputStream(localFile);
>// Send the file
>_ftpResults.setOperation("PUT: " + fileName + " --> " +
> _config.getServerName());
>ftp.storeFile(fileName, localStream);

My guess is that at this point you need to do this:

Basically, it should complete the transaction with the server and get the
appropriate response back, eliminating that truncated server reply.

Rick Herrick

I haven't got time for inner peace.

Get out of control, but appear under control. It's not bad to alarm other
people, though--it's good for them.--Hunter S. Thompson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message