commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knezevic, Mihael" <m.kneze...@porta.de>
Subject AW: [FileUpload] It's works under Firefox but not on IE, why ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 09:36:34 GMT
if you have not specified an extra logger for the web app the output should go to catalina.out.
e.printStackTrace() puts everything on the error output stream which also goes to catalina.out.

FileItem.getName() will return different paths for ie and firefox. firefox only returns the
name and ie the whole path (hmmm. or the other way round). there was a discussion some weeks
ago about this topic.

and you'll run into a little problem (which is resolvable) when you move to debian. cause
the file separator are different and when you get a the absolute file name from the ie for
the uploaded file, you have to figure out on your own what belongs to the filename and what
to the path because of the different file separator. there was also a discussion of this topic
some weeks ago. just have a look at the archives about that.

i would try and check for item.getName() and take a look at it via System.err.println(item.getName());