commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <>
Subject Re: [httpclient] How to force use of Authentication header ?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:00:09 GMT

Please refer to the section on preemptive authentication in the
HttpClient authentication guide:

Please note that only BASIC authentication can be (should be) used
preemptively. If you your application requires a more secure
authentication scheme, consider using the so called 'expect-continue'
handshake instead:

Hope this helps,