commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [httpclient] How to force use of Authentication header ?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:00:09 GMT
Nicolas,

Please refer to the section on preemptive authentication in the
HttpClient authentication guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html#Preemptive%20Authentication

Please note that only BASIC authentication can be (should be) used
preemptively. If you your application requires a more secure
authentication scheme, consider using the so called 'expect-continue'
handshake instead:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/performance.html#Expect-continue%20handshake

Hope this helps,

Oleg