commons-user mailing list archives

From "Zsolt" <>
Subject Fileupload problem via SSL.
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:56:52 GMT

We use struts-1.2.4 and tomcat-5.0.28 with jdk-1.2.4_08 on Linux (SuSe-9.1)
and apache- Apache/2.0.49 with mod_jk1.2.14.

Very often when we try to upload a file (several types such as jpeg, ppt
etc.) we get an error message from Internet-Explorer "page cannot be shown"
(my translation from German).

Not always but very often (absolutely not reliable).

We don't see any error messages, neither in apache nor in tomcat (if there
had been no request at all).

Apache is configured to redirect all non-SSL request to SSL, but I think
that shouldn't cause any problems because that happens only once (the user
must first log-in, then go through several dialogs before he can upload,
thus the redirection is done much earlier).

Except that, everything is very stable.

Any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: