commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using FileUpload with Struts
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:42:25 GMT
The reason you're getting null returned from parseRequest() is that
the request was already parsed, and therefore consumed, by Struts
before your action was invoked. If you want to parse the request
yourself, the only way to do that is to _not_ associate an action form
with your action mapping. If there is no form bean, then Struts will
obviously not try to populate it, and it is the population process
that causes a multipart stream to be parsed by Struts. (In the old
days, there was a way to disable multipart handling, but that got lost
somewhere along the line, I'm afraid.)

--
Martin Cooper