commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corrupt Word File Upload
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:40:09 GMT
On 7/25/05, Ken D. Nelson <ken.nelson@sanclementetech.com> wrote:

> HI All -
>
> I am using the File commons component.  I have run into an issue with upload
> Microsoft Files (Word/Excel).  It appears that files are being corrupted.
> When I upload PDF or Text files, all is well - even large files (10 MB+).
> Anyone have any idea's what may be causing this?  I have attached the served
> as.

Commons FileUpload neither knows nor cares what kind of data is in the
request, so there's no way it would be treating Word or Excel files
differently from other file types. Are you positive that the problem
is occurring during parsing of the request, and not at the client or
in the container?

--
Martin Cooper