commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digester 1.7 XML Scema Validation Sample?
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 06:21:01 GMT
On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 12:22 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 19:11 -0400, Derek Richardson wrote:
> > I'd love to see an example of doing validation with an XML Schema (.xsd)
> > using the Digester v1.7. I'm trying to do this and not having much luck.
> > I won't list all the combinations I've tried and web searches I've done;
> > I'll simply appreciate it if someone can provide me with a bit of code
> > that is known to work. Don't worry about making it generic - I can
> > figure it out if I just see something that works.
>
> I'll try to find some time to do this in the next day or two - unless
> somebody else on the user list can help out first.
>
> In the meantime, you should probably check out the mail archives for
> this list; you're not the only person to have had problems getting
> validation to work.

Sorry Derek but I just don't have time to create an example for you.
However I have added some hints to the digester wiki FAQ:
  http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/FAQ

See the last entry "How can I validate the input document against a
schema?". You should probably read the first two also.

Regards,

Simon