commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Workflow] Is this Sandbox project still alive?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:57:37 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 10:43 -0400, Steve Carrow wrote:
> I'm interested in trying to incorporate some rudimentary workflow on my
> current project. I discovered the Commons Workflow project in the
> sandbox, but it seems to have been inactive for a while. Could someone
> let me know if it's still alive and if so, point me to some overall docs
> for it?

Yes, it looks pretty abandoned to me. The only name in the developer
list is Craig McClanahan and he hasn't had time to contribute to
anything in commons for a long time now. And checking the subversion
commit history confirms that nothing has changed in that project for a
long while except the occasional repository-wide cleanups.

That doesn't mean the code won't be useful to you, but I don't know what
state the project is in, and probably no-one else does either.

This happens with "sandbox" projects; the sandbox is for experiments and
some don't work or interest is lost.

The only documents about it will be those in the sandbox subversion
repository, so if you've checked out the code (or browsed via
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/workflow/) then
that's likely to be all.

Depending on what you are looking for, you might like to check out the
sandbox [javaflow] project which does have activity occurring.

I remember seeing discussion about a much more ambitious "Business
Integration" type project at Apache which would of course include a
workflow engine but can't find it now.

Regards,

Simon