commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Unmaintained?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:09:53 GMT
If you do, you might want to start with these issues:
 * 23815 [setNestedProperty] -- awaiting Niall's approval
 * 34457 [DynaProperty] -- awaiting comment [prob. from Niall]
 * 33841 [FloatLocaleConverter] -- awaiting comments
 * 33698 [double array support in StringArrayConverter] -- awaiting
feedback
 * 33461 [BeanUtilsBean.describe with private class] -- awaiting
feedback

Regards,

Simon

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 10:45 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> Fair enough.
>
> Once I get some spare personal time, I'll jump in and see if I can help.
>
> On 7/22/05, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
> > [AARGH -- I hate top-posting!]
> >
> > Shawn (correctly) assumes BeanUtils is unmaintained because I said so. A
> > couple of months ago I saw that the bugzilla count on beanutils was over
> > 80, and so I put out a request for people to help me get this addressed.
> > I got two offers of assistance: not a lot, but enough so I got stuck in.
> > However the two volunteers quickly vanished. I certainly didn't want to
> > be working on beanutils on my own so I have now stopped too.
> >
> > There are currently 82 bugzilla entries for beanutils, and no-one other
> > than myself has committed a patch for many months now.
> >
> > That definitely qualifies as unmaintained.
> >
> > Shawn: I did reply to your question:
> >   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112178827000001&r=1&w=2
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > --
> > A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
> > Q. Why is top posting bad?
> >
> > On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 10:28 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > > Why do you assume that BeanUtils is unmaintained?

about one of the Sandbox projects.  Is there a list of unmaintained/abandoned Commons projects?
 Is there anything that this community can do about them?

for a maintainer?  Or is it being left to stagnate for a reason (i.e. Java 5).