commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [BeanUtils] Re: LazyDynaBean in a pojo
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:56:27 GMT
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:45 -0400, Bernard, Shawn wrote:
> Is there any reason why BeanUtils is unmaintained?  Is it just waiting for a maintainer?

> Or is it being left to stagnate for a reason (i.e. Java 5).

There just doesn't appear to be any existing jakarta committers
interested in working on it.

I did try to restart interest in it, at least to deal with the large
number of bugzilla entries filed against beanutils but couldn't find
anyone willing to commit a few hours a week to work with me. As it's
pretty dangerous to work alone on this kind of library used by quite a
few other projects (as well as being pretty unrewarding) I've stopped -
and there isn't anyone else.

Regards,

Simon