commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] 1.0.1 RC1 now available for review
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:03:32 GMT
On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 13:58 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> You can find Release Candidate 1 for CLI-1.0.1 at:
>   http://people.apache.org/~skitching/cli_1_0_1/
>
> This release is a fix for an issue where file commons-cli-1.0.jar on
> ibiblio was overwritten some time ago with a snapshot of cli code.
>
> This release contains just a few updates to the build process due to
> changes to the standard jakarta-commons build process since cli-1.0 was
> released. There are *no* changes of any sort to the actual code between
> releases 1.0 and 1.0.1.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit: currently, people using 1.0
via maven can't be entirely sure what version they actually compiled
against; it depends when maven downloaded and cached the jar as to
whether they got the good release or the snapshot.

By providing a 1.0.1 release that people can declare a dependency
against, this is resolved.

Regards,

Simon