commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: [betwixt] AddDefaultsRule bug in 0.7RC2
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:32:13 GMT
On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 19:02 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 16:22 -0500, Glenn Goldenberg wrote:
> > Hey robert:
> >
> > After fixing the "add-adder" bug, I ran into an issue using "updater" in the ElementRule
> >  for a property of type Map and another issue with "add-adder" and mixed Collection
property types.

> Hmm..this looks more complex to fix.

that's probable

i did suspect that there'd be a few more issues to sort out. not sure
how many are actually just code limitations (addDefaults is more than a
little peculiar) which would mean added extra features rather than
coding bugs.

> Looks like some unit tests are
> badly needed for this stuff too (as Robert said earlier).

yep. not sure why they were never completed

> Robert: If you think this is becoming too much to add at the last minute

it's the drip-drip that worries me

there are already another couple of issues raised by users which lie
somewhere between bugs and features. this release has already been
ongoing for a month and that seems like a long time to me...

> and you want to release 0.7 before tacking this stuff for 0.7.1 then my
> +1 to release the current RC2 still stands..

that vote's dead

i think that the best course of action is to accept that RC2 is good
enough for now and add something to the release notes about the know
add-adder bug. i'll then start a new VOTE thread.

- robert