commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject [collections] Name that data structure
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:22:38 GMT
I'm looking through the Collections API, but not finding exactly what I
want... hoping someone who's more familiar with it can point me in the right
direction.

What I'm trying to do is more or less what you see on catalog sites where
they'll list the most recent items you've looked at, newest on top.  So it's
ordered (List), but has no duplicates (Set), and I need to have a  max size.

ListOrderedSet is almost there, except that it retains the 'old' position if
you add the same item again.  (And has no max length.)

So... before I either write it myself or extend ListOrderedSet to make it do
what I want, does anyone have another suggestion?  And what would _you_ call
it?

Thanks,
Wendy Smoak