commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Burrows <jason.burr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Problem isolated - get a LogConfigurationException when I have j2ee.jar in my project
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:20:55 GMT
> > Hi again -
> >
> > I have isolated my problem.  It only happens when I include j2ee.jar.
>
> Have you checked to see whether j2ee.jar contains commons-logging?
>   jar tf j2ee.jar | grep org.apache.commons.logging
>
> If it does, then try running your app while ensuring commons-logging.jar
> is *before* j2ee.jar in the classpath so that your local version takes
> priority.
>
> It might be that j2ee.jar contains commons-logging 1.0.2 or somesuch,
> which would then explain why the line-number reporting the
> null-pointer-exception doesn't make sense.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

j2ee.jar does not contain commons.logging using the command you
specified.  Also, changing its position in the class path relative to
the commons-logging jar file doesn't change the situation at all.

I am using the j2ee.jar file that comes as part of Sun's application
server.  Are other people here successfully developing with that jar
file and commons-logging?  I suppose I can switch over to Tomcat's
implementation (the servlet-api.jar file will probably give me what I
need) as that may by why it works under Tomcat (doesn't use j2ee.jar),
but I'd still like to know what the problem is.

Thanks for your help!
Jason