commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Burrows <jason.burr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Always get a LogConfigurationException...
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:25:52 GMT
> It would appear that the problem originates with ling 374 of
> LogFactoryImpl (release 1.0.4) which is this:
>     logInterface = this.getClass().getClassLoader().loadClass
>          (LOG_INTERFACE);
>
> As "this" cannot be null, and neither can this.getClass(), I would guess
> that getClassLoader is returning null.
>
> But that should only ever happen in JVM1.1, or in embedded systems where
> everything is being loaded via the bootclassloader.
>
> You aren't developing an embedded system are you?

No - not an embedded system.  Just running with JDK 1.5.0 with nothing
special or interesting being done to it.  In fact, if I add a test to
check that out:

if ( this.getClass().getClassLoader() == null){...} else {...}

I can see that getClassLoader is not returning null (for my test class anyway).

Thanks
Jason